Certified Vet Technicians
MSPCA/Angell Animal Medical Center is seeking Certified Vet Technicians.
Angell was founded in 1915 and is recognized internationally as a leader in animal medicine. We have the reputation as one of the finest veterinary teaching hospitals in North America. At Angell we serve the greater Boston and scenic New England area as a primary care facility, a 24-hour emergency hospital, and as a tertiary referral center. Angell offered the very first veterinary internship in the world beginning in 1941, running continuously to present day. Angell was instrumental in establishing specialty veterinary medicine. Our non-profit hospital has a long history of providing training not only to veterinary interns and residents but also to veterinary technician students and the veterinary community at large.
Why should MSPCA/Angell be your first choice?
· We have just implemented a $2,000 sign on bonus for new hire Certified Veterinary Technicians.
· Angell is one of the most acclaimed, innovative veterinary practices in the country, caring for approximately 80,000 animals a year.
· Free on- site Boston parking and a brand new employee lounge.
· State-of-the-art monitoring, equipment, and the ability to learn and use new advanced veterinary techniques and technician skills.
· We guarantee 40 hours paid work per week with additional pay for over time and on-call.
· We provide a teaching environment for new graduates, CVT’s and VTS candidates, with the ability for promotions within our organization.
· We offer on-site Continuing Education Classes (CEU), a tuition reimbursement plan, as well as a stipend for our CVT’s to attend national/international conferences.
· We have an onsite Social Worker to assist our staff with compassion fatigue and work/life balance.
We are seeking experienced CVTs and new graduates from an AVMA accredited Vet Tech program. Interested applicants should be highly motivated and embody the values of our organization: compassion, excellence, service, integrity, positivity, and collaboration.
Angell currently has full time openings for technicians in; Surgery, Anesthesia, Diagnostic Imaging, General Medicine, ER/CCU, Inpatient, Collaborative Care, and Oncology. Go to our Career page for more information about each open position.
Our compensation package includes health, dental and life insurance, 403(b) with a match, tuition reimbursement, we provide uniforms and a shoe allowance, paid holidays, sick and vacation, employee discounts for pet health care, pet food and free on site Boston parking!If you are looking for a fun, challenging environment where teamwork and camaraderie is a priority– Angell is the place for you!
Applicants-To be hired as a Technician, you must be a Certified Vet Technician (CVT) or Licensed Veterinary Technician.
Note: If you are a recent graduate of accredited Veterinary Technology program, please apply! We will reimburse your exam fee if you take and pass your certification test while employed at Angell. You will also be reimbursed your annual dues and licensing fee to maintain your certification.