Veterinary Assistant - Emergency and Critical Care
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinary Assistant to join our Emergency and Critical Care team, in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
About Us: Port City’s mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
- Perform basic animal restraint and provide basic animal husbandry
- Possess a working knowledge of hygiene between patients
- Knowledge of basic record keeping procedures
- Trim nails and remove sutures and staples
- Aseptically handle fluid lines while walking dogs
- Recognize the need for help and contact the appropriate staff member
- Properly use the 24 hour treatment sheet and treatment board by observing, monitoring and documenting patients for safety, health and behavioral problems
- Administer Sub-Q fluids and oral medications
- Ensure proper stocking of medical supplies and janitorial needs
- Demonstrates an ability and awareness to keep hospital areas clean and neat, maintain a safe and clean work environment including but not limited to the cleanliness of laundry, floors and cages
- Required to maintain client and patient confidentiality
- Meet or exceed performance standards for work quality and productivity
- Meet or exceed Ethos expectations for attendance and punctuality
Skills and Experience:
- A strong desire to learn and apply knowledge/skills learned to daily work life.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to demonstrate technical procedures as outlined in the Ethos technician protocols.
- Demonstrate reliability and follow-through with all work related tasks / projects
- High School education or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience of related job experience
Benefits of Working at Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital:
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.