Veterinary Technican - Neurology
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients ASA levels I-IV, and troubleshooting of machines
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Accurately take and process multiple types of radiographs throughout the pre and post operative process.
- Assist doctors during patient appointments and discharge from hospital by providing outstanding client care and education.
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including spinal surgeries and cerebral spinal fluid collection.
- Knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated, and anesthetized patients.
- Patient care including husbandry, treatments, pre-surgical workups and diagnostic tests
- Shifts are primarily days, but flexible to include weekend shifts as needed
- Graduate of accredited AVMA program or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a veterinary hospital
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs preferred but not required
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used, and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring preferred
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.