Certified Veterinary Technician: Sign-On Bonus!
VCA Brookline Animal is seeking an experienced, Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our well established hospital and team. We are a six doctor, fast paced general medicine practice that also offers boarding and grooming services. Our hospital is equipped with five exam rooms; an in-house laboratory including Abaxis CBC and VetScan 2 diagnostic equipment; digital radiography; surgery suite and prep area; dedicated dental-procedure areas with digital radiography, high speed scaler and polisher; in house pharmacy including Hill's and Royal Canin prescription diets; and electronic medical record keeping. We are located in the heart of Brookline, a mile from downtown Boston. There is never a shortage of things to do in this vibrant area of Boston! The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical knowledge to make them happen. Sign-on bonus available!
Why We Need You
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
• catheter placement
• anesthesia monitoring
• physical examinations and patient assessment
• surgical preparation and assisting
• laboratory work
• patient recovery
• compassionate care for our hospitalized patients
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists company wide.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• Must have documented previous experience
• Hold a current CVT license
• Must have surgery experience
• Flexibility in hours including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
• Customer service skills
• Working knowledge of computers
• Excellent communications skills
• Capable of being cross-trained as receptionist and kennel assistant
• Team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!