Mass Vet Referral Hospital, located in Woburn, MA, is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician for our Surgery department.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Surgery Department you will be responsible for:
- Perform anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients ASA levels I-IV, and troubleshooting of machines
- Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Accurately take and process multiple types of radiographs throughout the pre and post operative process
- Assist doctors during patient appointments by providing outstanding client care and education.
- Perform sterile scrub and assist doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies, and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated, and anesthetized patients
Shifts: 36 hour full time position within surgery department. Three 12 hour or four 9 hour shifts, weekends required. Primary responsibilities will be assisting anesthesia technicians during patient induction and prep for surgery, scrubbing in to assist surgeons during soft tissue and orthopedic procedures, and assisting in patient recovery.
About You: Graduate of accredited AVMA program or equivalent experience Minimum 2 years’ experience in veterinary anesthesia.
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids, and CRIs
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used, and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected
About the Surgery Department: The surgery department is a busy five doctor department specializing in soft tissue, orthopedic and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
About Mass Vet: At Mass Vet our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field. Our 36,000 square foot hospital, located 11 miles north of Boston, is home to one of the premier level 1 emergency and specialty centers in New England. The hospital is well equipped including a 1.5 tesla Philips MRI, 64 slice GE CT scanner, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, fluoroscopy, parenteral nutrition compounding system, mechanical ventilation, complete on-site diagnostic laboratory, comprehensive surgical facilities, and a dedicated ICU department.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet: Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.