Assistant Clinical Supervisor - Emergency and Critical Care - Overnight
Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital
- Ensures adequate staffing levels of DVMs and support staff across designated departments to provide effective medical services and an optimal client experience.
- Assists the ER & ICU Supervisor in the development of goals and operational criteria for assigned areas. Tracks progress.
- Assists with identifying and planning for staffing consistent with needs of client population and budgetary parameters. Assists with monitoring and approving payroll for assigned areas.
- Understands workflow of each department.
- Regularly evaluates patient/client and staff data to support delivery of exceptional patient and client care.
- Provides input with problem-solving efforts for daily operations.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships across the hospital.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members. Clear ability to get along.
- Promotes and monitors client service/hospitality expectations and delivery.
- Advocates satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Facilitates open channels of communication with managers, peers and staff.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance.
- Assists with coordinating interdepartmental functioning to achieve highest level of communication and efficiency.
- Serves as the hospital “go to” in accordance with assigned duty schedule. (Hospital policy requires a knowledgeable and responsible individual 24/7, covering all departments.)
- Assists with coordinating the required training and skills of staff
- Collaborates with staff at all levels and departments to streamline delivery of services without compromising care or hospitality.
- Consults with clinical staff and client care to assess and articulate any problems; helps to develop strategies to resolve issues, ensuring client needs are met and satisfaction is attained.
- Participates in hiring activities; disciplinary actions; excellence acknowledgements and performance reviews.
- Advises HSM or Hospital Director of equipment service needs.
- College or technical school education or equivalent work experience
- Technical credibility related to specialized expertise (call center, veterinary technician, client service, inventory, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective leadership qualities
- Must have mathematical abilities to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication division and proportions to practical situations
- Demonstrate analytic abilities to identify and analyze problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information to provide effective solutions
- This is an opportunity to work in a well-established practice that focuses on the special bond between the humans and animals. Compensation is based on experience and skill level
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off, Uniforms and a generous CE allowance.