Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician for our Emergency and Critical Care Department.
About the Job: As a Vet Tech in the Emergency and Critical Care department you will be responsible for:
- Triaging incoming patients and managing clients throughout their visit
- Partner with DVM’s in patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood, urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates.
- Utilize different modalities of imaging for patient assessment
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and anesthetic events
- Minimum of 2 year of experience working in a veterinary hospital setting required. Recent graduates with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Technology will be considered.
- Comprehensive understand and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- CVT, LVT, or VTS preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
About Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital: At Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Benefits of Working at Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital:
- Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.