Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking to hire a Assistant Clinical Supervisor for it's 24/7 Emergency and Critical Care Department in Woburn, Massachusetts.
The Assistant Clinical Supervisor will help lead the Emergency and Critical Care department with a focus on high-quality, comprehensive, accessible, supportive and personalized care for all clients and patients, ensuring adequate staffing levels of Technical staff throughout the department in order to provide effective medical services and an optimal client experience. This role is 90% technical and 10% administrative.
About the Job: The Assistant Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for the following:-
- Participates in identifying and planning for staffing consistent with needs of client population and budgetary parameters.
- Understands workflow of each department.
- Provides input with problem-solving efforts for daily operations.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships across the hospital.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, communication and cooperation among team members.
- Advocates satisfaction of internal and external customers.
- Serves as the hospital “go to” in accordance with assigned duty schedule.
- Assists with coordinating the required training and skills of staff.
- Collaborates with staff at all levels and departments to streamline delivery of services without compromising care or hospitality.
- Participates in hiring and onboarding of staff and performance reviews.
- Maintains equipment and service needs.
Education, License and Job Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of experience as a Veterinary Technician
- Skills and Experience:-
- Must possess and demonstrate effective leadership qualities.
- Ability to promote effective communication amongst team members
- Demonstrated professionalism in all interactions
- Proven ability to lead by example
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day
Shifts: Overnight - Three 12 hour shifts per week. This includes 2 weekdays and Saturdays.
About Us: Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital's mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
Benefits of Working at Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital: Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.