At VCA Hanson Animal Hospital we encourage each teammate to reach their highest potential! We are seeking a Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our growing practice and busy leadership team as Technician Supervisor. We are a 7-doctor, AAHA-accredited, dog/cat/small mammal/avian/exotic/small farm animal practice. Some farm animals include chickens, goats, potbellied pigs and more. Located south of Boston—within a short drive to the spectacular ski slopes of New England and the beautiful warm beaches of Plymouth and Cape Cod. We are thrilled to be moving into a brand new, state of the art, facility with dental suite, exotics holding and boarding area, and spacious exam rooms in early 2021.
We are looking for a team player who is friendly, outgoing, people-oriented and has excellent communication and client/patient service skills. You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in.
Why We Need You
We want you to take the skills and experience you’ve gained over your years in this profession and put them to great use in our hospital. This is a working supervisory position which is responsible for the leadership of the Veterinary Technician Staff.
In addition to all Veterinary Technician responsibilities, duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Implementing department policies and procedures
• Scheduling staff and conducting team meetings
• Enforcing charge captures
• Accurately handling and recording controlled drugs
• Record keeping
• Facility maintenance
Strong communication skills are required and the desire to create and maintain a healthy work environment where all employees are elevated, empowered and enjoy what they do.
Why You Should Consider Us
• Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
• Leadership opportunities
• Career development programs
• Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
• CE allowance
• Penn Foster tuition support and sponsorships
• Free national memberships
• License reimbursement
• Free wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
• Referral bonuses
• Competitive wage
• Medical, dental & vision insurance
• Life, long and short term disability insurance
• Paid parental leave
• Paid vacation and sick time
Ready to grow with a collaborative and supportive team? Apply now! We look forward to getting to know you!
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
You will be taken to the job description on VCAcareers.com, where you can learn more and apply online.