Sr Veterinary Technician - Wards-21001017
This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus after
successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired
The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
The Veterinary Technician Supervisor, Wards oversees an integrated clinical care team to provide high quality nursing care to day and inpatients. The Veterinary Technician Supervisor utilizes exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to provide coaching and mentorship to all team members. The Veterinary Technician Supervisor engenders a spirit of collegiality, collaboration and teamwork both within the section and throughout the hospital. In addition, the Veterinary Technician Supervisor oversees the educational experience of veterinary students on each rotation.
• High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 years related work
• Certified Veterinary Technician in good standing or CVT eligible.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and resourcefulness. Ability to effectively manage personal responsibilities as well as the resources of the service.
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
• Fundamental understanding of Human Resource principles, practices and regulations.
• Comprehensive understanding of medical terminology and veterinary pharmacology.
• Monitor and troubleshoot physiological patient parameters.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Hospital based programs (StringSoft, Harvest, FIRST, HAS) or familiarity with other electronic medical record.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
• Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Veterinary Technology or other animal biology related field plus three years related work experience or
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Veterinary Technology or other animal biology related field plus two years related work experience.
• Required technical skills include:
o IV catheterization
o Dosage calculations
o Fluid therapy
• Advanced education and experience with Veterinary Technician Specialist certification (in good standing).
• Exotic animal handling skills. Exotic animals include birds, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rodents, special small mammals (such as chinchillas or hedgehogs), reptiles, and amphibians.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
• The schedule for this position may include providing University and calendar holiday coverage on a rotating basis.
• The schedule for this position requires flexibility to insure that adequate leadership support and patient care is provided without interruption or exception.
• This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ADNpn2TQOGaVs8qeIoMmN