Veterinary Technician - Anesthesia-21001119
This position qualifies for a $2,000 sign on bonus
following successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly
The Anesthesia section provides support to both the small animal and large animal hospitals regarding anesthesia and patient monitoring. This section also teaches anesthesia procedures and protocols to TCSVM students.
Working in the anesthesia section is awesome. We perform anesthesia on a wide variety of species ranging from the tiniest of patients like guinea pigs to the biggest of draft horses. We perform anesthesia for all types of procedures from routine surgeries to complicated procedures. Every day is filled with something new and offers a chance to learn and grow. We are composed of a tight team of veterinarians and technicians who strive to offer exceptional patient care, as well as student and technician education.
The service has over 30 years of experience in training people to perform anesthesia. We welcome applicants of all skills levels to be part of this team and we have an extensive training program for less experienced technicians that includes one on one mentorship, didactic case rounds, M&Ms rounds, and a lot of laughter. What we ask in return is a willingness to learn, an openness to trying new things, a friendly and approachable disposition, and a strong work ethic.
As a technician on this team you will be trained to handle anesthesia of all kinds, as well as how to assist veterinary students as they learn anesthesia. You will be supported by 4 veterinary anesthesiologists and some seriously amazing technicians. Some of the perks of working here include a CE allowance and an in-house continuing education, a beautiful New England campus with an on-campus café, generous vacation and personal day allocation with the university observing all major holidays, and the opportunity to work with numerous veterinary specialties in one place.
Visit the Medical Center at Cummings Veterinary Medical Center - Cummings Veterinary Medical Center (tufts.edu) and choose the tab Careers.
If you are looking for a change and new challenges, consider this opportunity. For informal inquiry or additional questions please feel free to email Stephanie.Cote@tufts.edu. To apply online visit www.tufts.edu.careers.
- High emotional intelligence and team player
- Engaged learner; Highly motivated to improve your knowledge base and skill set.
- Minimum one year of veterinary technician experience or technician schooling
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Basic skill set in IV catheter placement, animal handling and restraint, phlebotomy
- Ability to work independently, but within team function
- Willingness to receive work direction from others and function as a team member
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Interest to learn advanced anesthesia practices/protocols/patient assessment
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This position works a four-day work week, with rotating schedule.
- This position may be scheduled to work on Saturdays and evenings. Once trained, this position will participate in a rotating on call emergency schedule which includes weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/PdAe4luJQm2dcGOaiPG5J