Temporary Assistant Veterinary Coordinator
NEADS is seeking a Temporary Assistant Veterinary Coordinator to assist with daily management and tasks needed to maintain the health and welfare of program dogs.
This position is temporary, starting immediately, and expected to run through October.
- Assist Veterinary Coordinator with any tasks delegated and filling in when she is ill or on vacation;
- Assist with oversight of veterinary care for program dogs including collaborating with trainers, kennel personnel, prison liaisons, veterinarians and puppy raisers;
- Provide medical advice and support to all involved in caring for program dogs (including after hours on-call); Develop and facilitate medical care plans for program dogs;
- Provide routine medical care including, but not limited to, administration of medications, vaccinations and fluids;
- Assist in maintenance and ordering of medical inventory needed for campus and prison use, veterinary budgets and related invoices;
- Maintain database of veterinary care of dogs, report data as requested or needed;
- Develop new and/or expanded veterinary relationships for donated or discounted services;
- Educate clients, staff and NEADS partners re: veterinary issues;
- Prepare and deliver dog health record packets to new clients when matched with dogs;
- Conduct classes educating clients on dog health issues; be well versed in NEADS program offerings, history and overall Mission.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician with good understanding of veterinary fundamentals
- Understanding of puppy/dog behavior and learning as it intersects with health issues;
- Excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Experience in breeding, whelping and weaning is helpful; after hours and weekend “on-call” availability necessary.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician with a good understanding of veterinary fundamentals
- Be able to lift 40 pounds, climb stairs, bend down easily.
- Office, kennel, exam room, prison, outdoors
TO APPLY: In order to be considered candidates must submit a resume and cover letter