Anesthesia/Surgery Veterinary Technician/Nurse
Fulltime Anesthesia/Surgery Veterinary Technician/Nurse
Tufts V.E.T.S. is a premier level 1 emergency and specialty hospital in New England. We are committed to providing the highest standard of patient care from a wide range of specialty services including 24-hour emergency, specialist in emergency and critical care, anesthesia, surgery, internal medicine, oncology, radiology and diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, dermatology, dental services, and cardiology. We are continually seeking to bring highly skilled professionals in veterinary medicine together to provide a collaborative environment where we strive to promote and strengthen the human-animal bond.
Sign-On Bonus: $2,000
About the Position: To provide anesthetic coverage and nursing support for the surgery, ophthalmology, dental, radiology, internal medicine, and emergency services.
· Case work-ups and creation of individualized anesthetic plans to be approved by the anesthesiologist or clinician on the case
· Knowledge of how to assign ASA status, normal patient vitals during sedation, anesthesia, and awake patients
· Drug calculations, including fluid rates, CRI’s, and medications
· Perform anesthetic monitoring during pre-op, intra-op and recovery, including intubation/extubation, troubleshooting anesthetic monitors and machines, and charting
· Ability to perform venipuncture and catheter placement proficiently
· Obtain and prepare various blood samples for diagnostic testing
· Accurately perform and submit multiple types of radiographs
· Assist with surgical appointments, including perform physical exam, client communication, intake and discharges, and preparation and completion of paperwork
· Perform surgical nursing, including aseptic surgical scrub, assist surgeons during surgical procedures such as abdominal explores, fracture repairs, cruciate repairs, and thoracotomies
Shift: Fulltime (36-40 hours) benefit position within the anesthesia/surgery services. Scheduled TBD, including one on-call anesthesia shift per week along with a rotating on-call anesthesia for weekends including coverage during holidays.
· Minimum of 18 years old
· Minimum 3 years working as a veterinary nurse
· Minimum 2 years anesthesia/surgery experience
· Graduate from an accredited AVMA program
· CVT, LVT, and/or VTS preferred
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and is detail oriented
· Has a high commitment to providing exceptional patient care
· Excellent client and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
· Must be well-spoken, approachable, and maintain a positive outlook
Benefits: Compensation is based on education, experience and skill level.
Full-time benefits include health, dental, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, FMLA, Employee Assistance Program, vacation/sick/personal time off, employee pet discount, uniforms, CE reimbursement, and 10 paid holidays a year.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: Amanda.Cloutier@tufts.edu