Are you looking for a job that makes you want to get out of bed and go to work? A job so fulfilling that you can’t wait to see what patient you get to work with next? VCA Capital Area Veterinary Emergency and Specialty has opportunities available for experienced Veterinary Technicians to join our fast-paced, AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency & specialty hospital in Concord NH. Available shifts include days, swing and nights in our ER, Surgery Department or as an ICU Technician. We are adding to our team due to the growth of our emergency service and addition of more specialists. If you enjoy a fast paced environment, working with a cohesive team and the opportunity to work with challenging cases this is the role for you!
VCA CAVES is the only Emergency and Specialty Veterinary Hospital in Concord, NH and works closely with state and local first responders. Our specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Radiology, i131 and Surgery. We offer great schedules including 4 -10 hour shifts for the ER or 3- 12 hour shifts for ICU. This is a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician who wants a challenge, using all their skills and the opportunity for growth.
The ideal candidate will have top level technical skills and demonstrate a professional attitude with their coworkers. The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Certified Veterinary Technician preferred.
• Emergency experience preferred but not required. We will train the right candidate who has Veterinary Technician experience.
• Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive, friendly attitude
• Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and communicate effectively and clearly with fellow team members, clients and doctors
• Able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities
• Strong technical skills including but not limited to Applied Laboratory, Radiology, Applied Pharmacology and Nursing Care
• Provide top quality care for patients
• Provide client updates on the patients under your care
• Triage incoming ER patients as needed
• Perform diagnostics as directed by ER doctors
• Work closely with your co-workers to create a CARE TEAM.
VCA offers competitive wages, excellent benefits including health, dental and vision, a generous company matching 401k plan, CE allowance, vacation pay and more!