Internal Medicine Credentialed Veterinary Technician
Internal Medicine Credentialed Veterinary Technician/Nurse $2000.00 sign on bonus
Tufts V.E.T.S is a premier level 1 emergency and specialty hospital in New England. We are committed to providing the highest standard of patient care from a wide range of specialty services including 24-hour emergency, specialist in emergency and critical care, anesthesia, surgery, internal medicine, oncology, radiology and diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, dermatology, and cardiology. We are continually seeking to bring highly skilled professionals in veterinary medicine together to provide a collaborative environment where we strive to promote and strengthen the human-animal bond.
Sign-on bonus: $2,000
About the Position: To provide veterinary nursing care specific to the Internal Medicine Services.
· Assist with case work-ups and creation of individualized anesthetic plans to be approved by the anesthesiologist or clinician on the case
· Familiar with disease processes and conditions, procedures, medications, and equipment related to Internal Medicine
· Able to perform drug calculations, including fluid rates, CRI’s, and medications
· Perform anesthetic or sedation monitoring during pre-op, intra-op and recovery
· Able to use/maintain/troubleshoot multiparameter anesthetic monitors and anesthetic machines
· Ability to perform venipuncture and catheter placement proficiently
· Obtain and prepare various blood and urine samples for diagnostic testing
· Assist with appointments: performing a physical exam, effectively communicate with client, admit and discharge patients, and prepare and completion of paperwork
· Perform procedure nursing care during endoscopy including aseptic prep, setup/maintain/breakdown of scoping tower, aseptically open instruments/equipment, and care for instrument: cleaning/wrapping/sterilization
Shift: Fulltime (36-40 hour) benefit position within the Internal Medicine Services. Including one major and one minor holiday a year in ECC/ICU. **Available for weekend rotation
· Minimum of 18 years old
· Minimum 3 years working as a veterinary nurse
· Ideally should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Internal Medicine or related specialty medicine
· Graduate from an accredited AVMA program
· CVT, LVT, and/or VTS preferred
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and is detail oriented
· Proficient overall computer skills, including Microsoft Word/Excel
· Has a high commitment to providing exceptional patient care
· Excellent client and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
· Must be well-spoken, approachable, and maintain a positive outlook
Benefits: Compensation is based on experience, education, and skill level.
Full-time benefits include health, dental, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, FMLA, vacation/sick/personal time off, employee pet discount, uniforms, CE reimbursement, and 10 paid holidays a year.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org