Duties of the Vet Tech Role:
- 2+ yrs of Vet Tech experience is REQUIRED
- experience with surgery/ anesthesia (including monitoring anesthesia, surgical prep, instrument care, and maintaining the surgery suit)
- must have a strong work ethic
- be self-motivated
- well organized with an attention to detail
- good people and pet skills and have a cheerful personality
- After hours emergencies are handled by a local emergency clinic
- Flexibility with scheduling and every other Saturdays required.
- physically spend most of the day standing, be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to do stairs
- dental procedures and wellness visits
- assisting with appointments & animal restraint
- nursing care & laboratory work
- filling prescriptions & ordering medications
- medical data entry & medical record upkeep
- interacting with clients & client education
- answering phones & discharging patients
- clinic maintenance & being neat !
We have a breeder/show client base so an interest in small animal reproduction and sports conditioning is a plus.
Please submit cover letter with list of references with your resume. Experienced candidates only.
Compensation: Is dependent on experience, credentials and abilities.
Benefits include: dental insurance, CE stipend, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and paid time off.