Veterinary Technician Assistant Supervisor - Wards-19001917
This position qualifies for a $1,000 sign on bonus after successful completion of 6 months of employment for newly hired employees.
The Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. Since 1979, we have offered high quality medical care, consultation, referral and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. The hospital also serves as the primary clinical training environment for the veterinary students, interns and residents.
The Veterinary Technician Assistant Supervisor works as part of an integrated clinical care team to provide high quality supervision and nursing care to hospital patients. This position provides assistance to Senior Veterinary technician, Hospital Administration and the Faculty Section Head in directing the daily function of ward operations. This position ensures high-quality technical assistance will be provided to all patients presented to the service as well as providing excellent customer service to clinicians, residents, interns and students. Technical duties include caring for hospitalized patients in the Small Animal Hospital. This position will promote, facilitate and develop a team spirit and productive workforce among the technical support staff which requires frequent, clear communication with the Senior Veterinary Technician, Inpatient Hospital Operations Manager and clinicians. This position assists in the ECC section as determined by caseload.
• High school diploma or GED
• 3 years' experience as veterinary technician.
- Technical abilities such as venipuncture, IV Catheter placement and maintenance, urinary catheter placement, medication administration via oral, subcutaneous, intravenous routes, monitoring and treating patients demonstrating a thorough understanding of basic disease process, including infectious and isolation protocols. Must have basic understanding of anesthesia recovery, pain management, behavior evaluation and basic physical therapy. Strong animal husbandry and nursing skills are essential.
- Pride in maintaining assigned areas in the hospital environment
- Ability to work as an effective team member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals
• Familiarity with Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic medical record
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
• CVT or CVT eligible
• Associate degree in Veterinary Technology
• Preferred qualifications include 3+ years of related experience, experience in a veterinary teaching hospital, strong computer background and experience in related veterinary technician disciplines.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
The schedule for this position may include providing University and calendar holiday coverage on a rotating basis. The schedule for this position requires flexibility to insure that adequate leadership support and patient care is provided without interruption or exception. This position is considered essential and is therefore required to report to work as scheduled during emergency closings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Grafton
Organization: Foster Hosp - Cummings-Vet
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2019, 12:26:43 PM
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f5hw2wgn43vjftr8