Veterinary Technician - Emergency & Critical Care
New England Animal Medical Center (NEAMC) located in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts has immediate openings for experienced veterinary technicians in our Emergency and Critical Care Department. The positions are full time and part time. Shifts may include a mix of evening and/or weekend coverage.
The ideal candidate will be experienced working in an emergency veterinary setting and possess the following skills:
· Basic veterinary nursing care experience including proper patient restraint and familiarity with medical terminology and pharmacology
· Nursing skills will be provided to patients on an outpatient, inpatient, emergency and critically ill basis
· Expertise with medical skills such as IV catheter placement and maintenance, following prescribed treatment protocols which may include administering medication, monitoring and setting up CRIs, plus set up and monitoring of blood transfusions.
· Is skilled working with equipment typically found in an ICU setting such as oxygen cages and lines, monitoring equipment, fluid pumps and defibrillator. Advanced equipment would include familiarity with a ventilator.
· Possess the ability to work independently but be able to work well as a team member with a diverse group of technicians and doctors from various hospital departments in an environment that can be hectic at times.
· Possess excellent communication, math and computer skills plus have a positive approach to your work.
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. NEAMC provides a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, and disability insurance plus 401K plan, a generous pet care discount and CE reimbursement. Benefits are available after completing a 90 day waiting period.
Preference will be given to candidate who has graduated from an AVMA accredited veterinary technology program, is a CVT or CVT eligible candidate. All applicants need to be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
NEAMC is a locally owned hospital that has been in business since 1975. We are a multi-faceted teaching facility that includes a 24/7 Emergency and Critical Care Department, a Specialty department with board certified internal medicine, surgery and cardiologist plus a 5 doctor General Practice. All our staff works together for the common goal of providing pets and their owners with the very best possible care that modern veterinary medicine has to offer.
Please apply directly online at http://neamc.com/join-our-team/ or submit all resumes to Karen Martin, email@example.com