BluePearl is hiring exceptional Veterinary Technicians for our Brand new Charlestown location and our Waltham location.
Our BluePearl family is growing to include a new location! We are looking to hire experienced Vet Techs for our brand new Charlestown location that is opening in October! We will need to hire Vet Techs, all levels and shifts will be available. In addition we are also looking to add new technicians in our Waltham location.
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a veterinary technician? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where learning and development is valued and encouraged? We are currently experiencing a huge amount of growth in the Massachusetts market. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated technician to join an exceptional medical staff.
The primary function of the Veterinary Technician is to be responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and stable outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Understands classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Intubates patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, cutting edge healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere!
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
BluePearl offers health benefits options, competitive compensation, flexible hours, scrub allowance, opportunity to bring your dog to work, additional training, and unlimited growth potential!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.