Cape Cod Veterinary Specialists is a 24/7 Emergency Hospital with locations in Buzzards Bay and Dennis, MA.
Our hospital strives to practice a high standard of care in a compassionate and engaging environment. We are seeking qualified, experienced Veterinary Technicians to join our growing team.
Job Responsibilities :
- Take and record medical history, medications, supplements, diet and allergies of incoming patients
- Collect and record vitals, prepare lab samples, position patient for digital radiographs
- Educate clients on preventative care recommendations and discharge/post-op care recommendations. Call clients with lab results.
- Utilize DVMAX software to complete medical records and produce documentation for clients
- Maintain a positive “can-do” attitude and passionate demeanor at all times
- At least two years of veterinary technician experience
- Must be fluent in general hospital operations; telephone operations, service and fees, estimates, patient care and general hospital flow.
- Must be professional with ability to multi-task and solve problems efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong customer service / client skills
- Able to lift 40 pounds and stoop, bend, kneel and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Computer literacy skills
- CVT Preferred, but not required
- Two years of veterinary technician experience
Requires weekends / holidays
Day / Evening and Overnights shifts available