Lead Veterinary Technician
Hampton Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Lead Technician to oversee our technical team. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Veterinary Technician who can provide and ensure a superior veterinary experience for our clients and their pets, as well as provide leadership within the hospital.
Job requirements include:
· CVT or the equivalent.
· A minimum of 5 years experience working as a technician.
· A strong technical skill set in all areas of general veterinary practice with emphasis placed on anesthesia, dentistry and laboratory skills.
· Strong intra-personal, organizational and leadership skills.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform TPR, blood draws, catheter placement (IV and urinary) and injections in a skilled manner.
- Provide nursing care to patients in an in-patient and out-patient setting.
- Perform in-house laboratory testing as well as prepare samples to be sent out.
- Setup, assist, and monitor surgical procedures.
- Perform complete dental prophylaxis, including dental radiographs.
- Dispense medications, fill prescriptions.
- Ensure that exam rooms, pharmacy, surgery and treatment areas are maintained according to clinic policies and standards.
- Provide client education.
- Train technical staff and ensure that hospital protocols are being upheld.
- Employee evaluation.
- Medical equipment maintenance.
- Controlled drug log maintenance.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits. Benefits include health insurance, access to dental insurance, matching IRA, paid time off, employee discounts, uniform allowance and CE allowance for certified technicians.
Please email your resume to our practice manager, Shannon at email@example.com